Lower Matecumbe Key is the southernmost island of Islamorada, in the Florida Keys. It is a narrow island with spectacular views, predominantly residential.
In 1986 the Lower Matecumbe Key Association (LMKA) was formed in order to provide a means for property owners to join together to assure a better future for the island. Over the years the Association has proven to be a formidable and effective voice.
1. Monitoring activities such as zoning and construction.
2. Communicating with all members to alert them to potential problems or opportunities.
3. Coordinating the efforts of the individual neighborhood associations on common objectives.
4. Providing an open forum for presentation and discussion of issues.
5. Taking appropriate action on behalf of the membership.
2018 Board of Directors:
Mark Riley (president)
Dennie Zettwoch (secretary)
Hermine Zavar (treasurer)
Newsletter: Sue Miller, editor