To follow is a list of current projects for the association. Let us know if you'd like to get involved with any of them.
Send an email to LMKAnews@gmail.com
- Homeowner/Condo Associations - identify and compile a list of the various homeowner associations, neighborhood or condo associations, (formal or informal) that exist on Lower Matecumbe Key, with contact persons and email addresses to enhance LMKA communications.
- Walking/Bike path – monitor and improve path. Restore signage and limit motor vehicle access from path only areas.
- “The Fills” - 2018 Landscaping, boat ramp project, Village project, Weekend use, etc.
- Canal remediation – provide update on canal restoration projects, identify contact people and email address
- LMK fire station/EMS – identify needs such as CPR compression equipment (that other Village stations have?); distribution of orange emergency information sheets for on refrigerators, etc. - phone numbers, email, contact people, etc.
- Sewer system and grinder pump low pressure system- Compile list of contact people and email addresses of all the parties involved, Village, private, state and federal to help with issues problems or resolution avenues. Telemetry system issues.
- Parmalee development – keep informed as to status
- Increase membership of LMKA
- Builders Code of Conduct by Village - promote a code of conduct: as the economy has rebounded so has the number of new construction and remodeling housing projects. Some linger on for over a year.
- Monitor issues of consequence on island
- Adopt a Highway - we need someone to coordinate required clean-ups
- Idea Center - record ideas/input/issues from meetings, responses from newsletters
- Vacation rentals/code enforcement/Mini Lobster weekend issues
- Party beach at White Marlin/Port Antigua/Sunset Dr.
- Program committee – to find speakers for general meetings
- By-law committee (change dues, number of board members, general review, etc.)
- Sea Oats Beach – haven’t had a bad storm lately but that beach keeps getting closer and closer to U.S. One. Organize clean-ups
- A “government monitor” – keep track of government decisions, upcoming/pending/approved, that have an impact on our members
- Annual “Walk” – invite council and staff to walk the island – we did this for 10 years – very effective in reminding council that we exist
- Election forum – this last Village election was perhaps first time that LMKA did not have a candidate forum.
- other Do you have an issue that LMKA should address?